Position: Communication Freelancer, AsiaBerlin
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Remote/ Berlin
Duration: 20 July – 20 September 2022, 15-20 Hours Per Week
About AsiaBerlin and Asia Berlin Forum e.V.
AsiaBerlin, powered by the Berlin Senate Department, forms the collaborative platform that brings together communities within the startup ecosystems across Asia and Berlin. We enable relationship-building among investors, startups, and bridge builders by organizing monthly AsiaBerlin events and delegation trips to Berlin and Asia throughout the year.
Our flagship event, the AsiaBerlin Summit, is the annual summit of year-long AsiaBerlin activities where policymakers, startups, and investors meet to discuss the newest tech trends and cross-border collaboration between Asia and Berlin. The AsiaBerlin Forum e.V. (ABF) holds the AsiaBerlin Summit (ABS) office, the most extensive series of events related to Asia-Pacific in Germany. As part of the AsiaBerlin Summit, the ABF has founded and organized Embassy Day since 2013. It is an excellent opportunity for personal networking with the Asian embassies that present their own countries in business seminars and cultural performances. The ABF also coordinates the satellite events and the diverse ABS cultural program.
- Work closely with the head of marketing to implement the communication strategy of AsiaBerlin
- Have a key role in managing promotions of AsiaBerlin Summit 2022 and Asia Berlin Forum e.V events
- Assist with daily administrative duties in social media management and social media engagement across Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas
- Writing and editing blogs for AsiaBerlin Summit promotion
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
- Help in website management and CMS
- Maintain a media outreach list for AsiaBerlin Summit 2021
- You have some professional experience working in digital communications
- You are well versed with Canva, or a user of PhotoShop and InDesign
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English (bonus points for additional Asian languages)
- You have experience in blog writing and handling social media channels for young brands
- You have an eye for detail and love merging content with good design
- You buy into our mission of connecting startup ecosystems globally and are willing to go the extra mile for the cause
- Flexible working hours
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- An immersive experience that connects you to startup ecosystems in Berlin and Asia
- A stimulating work environment with lovely colleagues, flat hierarchies, and creative freedom
Do you think you have what it takes to become our Communication Freelancer? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application to email@example.com asap, including the following documents:
- Your latest CV
- Writing/Design portfolio
- Your project rate for this role
If you are applying from Germany, please ensure you have a freelance ID/tax number and work permit to work as a freelancer.