Asia Berlin Forum e.V. is looking to hire an event organization agency to help us make AsiaBerlin Summit 2023 a success. We are looking for someone who can plan this two day conference (most probably 12-13 June 2023) with attention to detail to create memorable and unique experiences for our community.
You will be responsible for overseeing the planning and managing of all aspects AsiaBerlin Summit 2023 in June this year. The AsiaBerlin Summit (ABS) is the annual highlight of AsiaBerlin as a platform for startups and their partners to establish an international startup ecosystem between Berlin and Asia. Most relevant representatives of startups, investors, corporates, governmental institutions, and further stakeholders from Asia and Europe discuss global trends, challenges and solutions, connect and start intercontinental cooperations. The ABS is organized by the Berlin Government in cooperation with the Asia Berlin Forum e.V.
In your role as the partner agency of Asia Berlin Forum e.V., you will be developing initial concepts for the Summit, designing the theme, coordinating with vendors, and making sure the two days of the conference go smoothly. You have to be able to communicate well with others throughout the planning process. You must also be able to do meticulous work under pressure with a high level of attention to detail.
You must be able to manage a large team. The teams that you manage may include people who work at the venue or outside clients and vendors. You must be able to delegate tasks appropriately to ensure that the event goes smoothly. You will also be responsible for managing the set-up, take-down, and clean-up of events.
You will be in charge of managing the budget and finances for the event. You will set a budget for each task depending on the needs and requirements. You will also be in charge of processing invoices and payments and making sure that the event stays within budget.
You must have an eye for detail in order to make sure the Summit stand out. We are looking for someone who can conceptualize an idea and turn it into reality. This job requires strong communication skills to make sure that everyone involved in the process is on the same page at all times.
You must be able to multitask and work under pressure. An ability to predict risk and anticipate needs is a must. You must account for problems and plan for solutions that we may never need ahead of time. It is important that everybody working at the event knows what can go wrong and what to do if something does go wrong.
The ideal candidate or agency thinks creatively and out-of-the-box.
Event Planner/Agency Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing AsiaBerlin Summit 2023 themes and event format
- Preparing the event budget, invoices, and payments
- Organizing suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment
- Coordinating the logistics for the conference including video team and livestreaming
- Coordinate logistics for Satellite events
- Managing the setup, teardown, and cleanup of the event
- Anticipating needs and preparing for any potential problems
- Developing post-reports of each event to determine effectiveness
- Manage event registration and ticketing
- Support content curation and suggest speakers
- Prepare a format for the program to be implemented on the website
- Speaker management and coordination
- Organise evening reception and after party
- You must be German and English speaking and know the Berlin startup ecosystem well
- Experience in event planning, with a successful record of planned events, preferrably in Berlin.You must have experience in organising a 500 + people
- The ability to keep track of all the moving parts of an event
- Strong communication skills to make sure that everyone has realistic expectations
- Creative and original thinker
- Ability to lead a large team and delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to manage your own time and keep others on the schedule
- Ability to budget appropriately and process payments
Do you have what it takes to become our partner agency for AsiaBerlin Summit 2023? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 January 2023, including the following documents:
- Your Portfolio
- An initial offer so we can take the discussion forward