Join Co-creating SmartCity 2025 Event on 7 October 2021 as a part of the AsiaBerlin Summit 2021.
Co-Creating SmartCity 2025: What to expect and why it’s worth getting involved
Startups, companies, and local governments come together to build and strengthen partnerships on the theme of Smart City, which is currently the focus of attention, such as Berlin’s “Tegel Project” and Japan’s “Osaka Expo 2025: Designing the Future Society”.
In this part of AsiaBerlin Summit 2021, we will learn from front runners across Asia and Berlin on Smart City initiatives through keynote speeches and panel discussions.
How are municipalities collaborating even with cross-border startups to co-create municipal solutions? What are the secrets behind the success stories?
Topics to be addressed:
SAVE THE DATE and join Co-Creating SmartCity 2025 on October 7th!
- SmartCity Initiatives and Challenges – How Cross-Border Collaboration Can Enhance SmartCity of the Future
- Successful Cross-Border Collaboration in the Mobility Sector – Case Study: The Drivery x Yokohama City
- Japanese Municipalities x Cross-Border Startups – How Japanese Cities and Their Startup Ecosystems Can Collaborate with the Berlin Ecosystem
- Supporting Cross-Border Growth Opportunities in Japan
About this event
Through multiple keynote speeches as well as panel discussions, led by established experts from the private sector and Japanese local governments involved in open innovation, our summit will cover the co-creation of smart cities between Europe and Japan.
- Chika Yamamoto (CEO, CROSSBIE)
- Mr. Takao Imafuku (Minister, The Embassy of Japan in Germany)
- Dr. Julia Münch (Secretary General, Japanese-German Center Berlin)
- Dr. Rainer Seider (Berlin Senate Department for Economy, Energy and Public Enterprises)
- Yusuke Nakashima (Landscape Architect, Mettler Landschaftsarchitektur)
- Pia Laube (Community Development, Tegel Projekt GmbH | Berlin TXL )
- Akiko Takahashi (Project Manager, Wirtschafts-Offensive Kobe)
- Ryotaro Bordini Chikushi (CEO, NION)
- Andy Kondo (COO, CROSSBIE JAPAN)
- Christian Sewarete (Director Sales, The Drivery)
- Dr. Hennig Heppner (CEO, ELO Mobility GmbH)
- Takehiro Kuribayashi (Chief Representative, The City of Yokohama Europe Representative Office)
- Shona Minamino (Manager for New Industry Promotion Division, City of Yokohama )
- Goya Kobayashi (Director General for Innovation, Yamagata Prefecture)
- Shinji Ninoyu (Member of the Kyoto Prefectural Assembly)
- Dr. Tatsuhiro Takahashi (Professor, Yamagata University)
- Yoshiro Tasaka (Director, Global City Promotion Office, Shibuya City Office (Shibuya Startup Support))
- Ikuo Hiraishi (Managing Director, Infarm – Indoor Urban Farming Japan Inc.)
- Mike Richardson (Co-Founder, SpectrifyAI)
- Yoko Nakamura (Director, JETRO Berlin)
- Andreas Wagner (President, Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. German Branch)
9:00 AM – 9:05 AM Opening
9:05 AM – 9:30 AM Keynote Speeches
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM Panel Discussion: SmartCity Initiatives and Challenges – How Cross-Border Collaboration Can Enhance SmartCity of the Future
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Panel Discussion: Successful Cross-Border Collaboration in the Mobility Sector – Case Study: The Drivery x Yokohama City
10:30 AM – 11:00 PM Coffee break
11:00 PM – 11:10 PM Introduction of Panellists
11:10 PM – 12:10 PM Panel Discussion: Japanese Municipalities x Cross-Border Startups – How Japanese Cities and Their Startup Ecosystems Can Collaborate with the Berlin Ecosystem
12:10 PM – 12:15 PM. Supporting Cross-Border Growth Opportunities in Japan
12:15 PM – 12:25 PM Closing Remarks
12:25 PM – 12:30 PM Closing, Kanpai/Prost
12:30 PM – 13:30 PM Lunch Break & Networking, Mini Celebration to Commemorate 160th Anniversary of German-Japanese Friendship with Food and Sake
About AsiaBerlin Summit
The AsiaBerlin Summit offers a platform to establish an international startup ecosystem between Berlin and Asia. We focus on the internationalization of startups across sectors such as Smart Cities/UrbanTech, HealthTech, FinTech, industry 4.0, AI, and Blockchain. Besides expert panels and keynotes by investors and startups on Days 1 and 2 — we will have an Embassy Day program planned in partnership with various embassies of Asian countries complemented by cultural programs as well as satellite events during the Summit. Find the full program of the Summit here.
Register for AsiaBerlin Summit 2021 here.
Want to be updated on all the fun we are having at AsiaBerlin? Follow us on Linkedin, Instagram, and Twitter for regular updates on all AsiaBerlin activities.