Position: Program Management Intern
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Berlin-based, partly remote possible
Language: Fluent English (German is a plus)
Duration: Preferably 15 July – 15 October 2022
(Your application will only be considered if you apply through email- read below)
About AsiaBerlin and Asia Berlin Forum e.V.
AsiaBerlin, powered by the Berlin Senate Department, forms the collaborative platform that brings together communities within the startup ecosystems across Asia and Berlin. We enable relationship-building among investors, startups, and bridge builders by organizing monthly AsiaBerlin events and delegation trips to Berlin and Asia throughout the year.
Our flagship event, the AsiaBerlin Summit, is the annual summit of year-long AsiaBerlin activities where policymakers, startups, corporates, science, and investors meet to discuss the newest tech trends and cross-border collaboration between Asia and Berlin. The Asia Berlin Forum e.V (ABF) holds the AsiaBerlin Summit (ABS) office, the most extensive series of events related to Asia-Pacific in Germany. As part of the AsiaBerlin Summit, the ABF has founded and organized the Embassy Day since 2013. It is an excellent opportunity for personal networking with the Asian embassies that present their own countries in business seminars and cultural performances. The ABF also coordinates the satellite events and the diverse ABS cultural program. This year the AsiaBerlin Summit 2022 takes place from 12 to 16 September in Berlin.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Asia Berlin Forum e.V. to implement the management and organizational strategy
- Have a key role in managing and overseeing events organized by Asia Berlin Forum e.V such as the Embassy Day and Satellite events during AsiaBerlin Summit 2022
- Assist with daily administrative duties in partner coordination, project management, and operational tasks
- Collaborate with Asia Berlin Forum e.V stakeholders across various functions on management and strategic topics such as roadmap development and business case development
- Support in developing budgets and funding proposals for various programs and operating plans
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or a related field
- Interest in program management and working with various stakeholders
- A good understanding of project management, organizational/business development, and brand marketing
- Experience in using applications such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, and Outlook for a variety of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time collaboratively as part of a diverse team
- Fluent English (German is a plus)
- You are motivated, reliable, and have great communication skills
- A remuneration of 450 Euros per month, flexible working hours, mentoring, and full support should you wish to connect your internship with a research project
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- An immersive experience that connects you to startup ecosystems, embassies, and cultural institutions in Berlin and Asia
- A stimulating work environment with lovely colleagues, flat hierarchies, and creative freedom
Do you think you have what it takes to become our Programme Management intern? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 7, including the following documents:
- A 200-word cover letter—stating your interest and experience
- Your latest CV
- If applicable any sample of your work that suits the job description
Please mention your EU work permit status in the application.