Position: Project Management Intern
Employment Type: Contract
Language: Fluent English required (C1-C2); German is an asset
Duration: as soon as possible for 4-6 months
About AsiaBerlin and Asia Berlin Forum e.V.
Asia Berlin Forum e.V. is an NGO based in Berlin and the official organizer of the AsiaBerlin Summit for over two decades.
As long-term trusted partners of the Berlin Senate for Economics, our aim is to make Berlin a more attractive location for startups by connecting them to potential partners such as SMEs, corporates, investors, and the public sector. Our close association with various Asian embassies helps us in creating an international platform for our members to have cross-border collaboration. We focus on building up a startup ecosystem in Europe’s most dynamic tech city (Berlin) so that it can become Europe’s leading hub for Asian and German startups.
To accomplish this goal, we organize regular events and work towards building a community of people who share the same vision and passion. Our goal is to connect startups, investors, artists, and thinkers creating a collaborative ecosystem around Asia’s emergence as an entrepreneurial hotspot that can align with Europe.
- Work closely with the AsiaBerlin Summit team to undertake project management tasks and coordinate on a weekly basis with our event agency and the Berlin Senate team
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of the AsiaBerlin Summit program status throughout its life cycle
- Assist with daily administrative duties in partner coordination, project management, and operational tasks
- Support in developing budgets and funding proposals for various programs and operating plans
- Assist in marketing-related coordination tasks such as website management and social media calendars
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or a related field
- A good understanding of project management and the Berlin startup ecosystem
- Interest in working with various stakeholders
- Experience in using applications such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, and Outlook for a variety of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time collaboratively as part of a diverse team
- Fluent English required (C1-C2), German is an asset
- You are motivated, reliable, and have great communication skills
- A remuneration of 520 Euros per month, flexible working hours, mentoring, and full support should you wish to connect your internship with a research project
- Real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks
- An immersive experience that connects you to startup ecosystems, embassies, and cultural institutions in Berlin and Asia
- A stimulating work environment with lovely colleagues, flat hierarchies, and creative freedom
Do you have what it takes to become our Project Management intern? If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application to email@example.com by 18 January 2023, including the following documents:
- A 250-300 word cover letter stating your interest and experience
- Your latest CV
- If applicable, any sample of your work that suits the job description
Please mention your EU work permit status in the application.